Monday, May 7, 2007

Spring Cleansing......

It's time to give my eating habits a little jumpstart, especially with summer on the way and all the good fresh food available! Katie and I are embarking on a two week cleanse where we follow a nutrition plan and limit certain foods. Basically, we're cutting out flour, sugar, and dairy, and there's a few other guidelines, but that's mostly it. We're trying to focus on whole grains, veggies, and good protein, and cooking from scratch. That's the tricky part, somedays there just isn't time for fully balanced nutrition, but I'm going to try my best! So we're going to use our blogs as accountability journals, posting about what we eat and don't eat, and how it all is going! So if I cheat, you all will know about it! Hopefully this keeps me disciplined!

So today was my first day and here's what I ate......

Breakfast: (okay, so I sort of slept in and there wasn't much to eat in the house, so by the time I got around to fixing myself something, it was more of a brunch/lunch!)

Lunch: brown rice cooked in chicken broth, two fried farm eggs, nettle tea

Snack: brown rice cake with almond butter

Dinner: red kidney and black beans, sauted with onion and spices, over rice, organic yellow corn tortilla chips, ice water with lime juice

Snack: tortilla chips

Not bad for the first day, but I really need to go grocery shopping, this was just on what was in my cupboard. It will get better! :) Wish me luck!

2 comments:

littlegreen said...

Hey Megs, sounds good! I will get my blog working soon, I had my rice with rice milk and almonds and cinnamon and apple shavings this morning. But then Jordan didn't want the rest of the apple so I ate that too! oops! But it sure was yummy!

Jen said...

Cooking from scratch is what I'm trying to focus on this week and hopefully more often from now on. But one step at a time -- This week my resolve is not to eat out, and it helps that I'm short on money this week!