Saturday, May 12, 2007

Days 4,5,6 Catching up.......

Does it seem to anyone else that every week starts out with good intentions that seem to fade as the weekend approaches? My cleanse is going pretty well (with a few cheating moments) but my blogging of it has falled by the wayside. I'll try to catch up a bit!

Thursday.....Day 4

Breakfast: Oatmeal with ground flax seeds, almond butter, and rice milk, nettle tea
Lunch: Quinoa with two fried farm eggs
Snack: Almonds, apple, kefir
Dinner: Lentil Stew with fresh tomatoes
Snack: Chocolate banana smoothy! Yum! (Okay, this is kind of a cheat, but a pretty good one I think! It was a frozen banana, almond butter, vanilla rice milk, and cocoa powder, and that's it! I'm not supposed to eat banana, but otherwise, I think this was pretty good!)


Friday......Day 5

Breakfast: Quinoa with two fried eggs
Lunch: Tuna salad with triscuits and cucumbers
Snack: Almonds, kefir
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken, baked potato with butter, salt, and pepper
Snack: Leftover oatmeal with ricemilk, almond butter, and apple


Saturday......Day 6

Breakfast: Leftover oatmeal with butter, almond butter, honey, and cream (okay, this is cheating, I know!)
Snack: Veggies (carrots, cucumber, and cauliflower) with dip (I know, the dip is cheating too!)
Lunch: Quinoa with two fried eggs
Big Cheat!!!! Birthday cake with vanilla ice cream (Okay, we had my neices birthday party at my house today and I tried and tried to hold out, but I just could resist my sister-in-law's homemade birthday cake!)
Dinner: Chicken Salad wrap with almonds, celery, cucumbers and lettuce in a sprouted grain wrap
Snack: Almonds, kefir


Soooooo, as I look back over that, I've cheated a bit, mostly on the little things, like using mayo or a teaspoon of honey. But I definitely fell off the wagon today with that birthday cake! Oh well, I really am feeling well, and I still feel like I'm getting my healthy eating back on track with this week of cleansing. A definitely weak spot I've noticed in my meals is veggies. I think next week I'll make a bigger effort to include more veggies and salads and especially greens. Another week to go! :)

No comments: